Children, Inc. offers the only full-day, year round Montessori classroom offered in Northern Kentucky. Our learning centers that offer Montessori classrooms also offer traditional classrooms. This unique environment allows parents and teachers to work together to find the teaching style that best suits each child and family. While Montessori and traditional classrooms offer different programs, they both have a common goal; to prepare children to be successful in life.
Following the Montessori philosophy, our Montessori classrooms:
- Emphasize concrete learning rather than abstract
- Include a teacher who is unobtrusive in the classroom. S/he is a guide for the children
- Promote self-discipline
- Contain self-correcting and self-teaching materials
- Allow individual learning and learning pace to be set by the child
- Encourage collaboration between the children
- Teach self-care and respect
- Are carefully prepared by the teacher with
- Allow the child to choose developmentally appropriate work.
- Give the child the ability to gain self-confidence and a sense of accomplishment
The Montessori Philosophy is based on the principles and methods of Maria Montessori. In a Montessori environment, children are taught within a prepared environment on a one-on-one basis. Montessori believed that the key is to cultivate a child’s internal motivation and then to “follow the child” rather than to use external motivation to force a child to do things that are not natural to her.
Our Montessori Training Center, Greater Cincinnati Center for Montessori Education, offers Montessori Teacher certificates, professional development, and Parenting Workshops. To learn more about the Montessori Method, visit the GCCME website.